This guy. +Mitch Jackson is fast becoming one of the most talked about Internet thought leaders.
If you've spent any time on Periscope, Blab, Google +, Facebook, Spreecast, Twitter, Snapchat, Slideshare, LinkedIn, and just about every digital platform, chances are someone has either shared a link or mentioned his name.
I met Mitch on Spreecast, when I was doing regular weekly webcasts on SocialChats with +Tonya Scholz, +Susy Rosado, and +Cynthia K Seymour. He is living proof that you can develop deep and lasting friendships online.
Even though I've sang his praises many times (seriously, Mitch, I'm not stalking you!) I would be remiss not to include him in a blog about transmedia.
If there is one thing Mitch Jackson knows how to do it's to leverage transmedia for business.
He is a lawyer by trade, and a good one at that. Here are just a handful of his professional accolades:
- Orange County Trial Lawyer of the Year (2009)
- 2013 California Lawyer Attorney of the Year (CLAY Award for Litigation)
- Southern California Super Lawyer (annually)
- “AV” Rated by Martindale-Hubbell (top rating in ethics and ability)
- Martindale-Hubbell Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers (less than 5% of all firms)
- AVVO “Superb” 10.0/10 rating
- Recently selected at one of the “Top Lawyers in California”
- Nominated: Consumer Attorneys of California for the “CAOC Street Fighter of the Year” award (2011)
- Nominated: California Lawyer Attorneys of the Year (CLAY) Award (2012)
Mitch branded the phrase Human Social and uses the website to feature the human side of his interview subjects. Because of his propensity for webcasts, he also dubbed himself as the Streaming Lawyer. Besides regularly scheduling interviews, it seems any time he's between clients, taking a run on a beach, or sitting at a football game with his kids, he is streaming.
The message he sends is motivational and inspirational. He has helped a lot of people become better at communicating online. This is how he has branded his law firm. You see his office, you see his family, you see the person who is fighting for your rights in court, and he is sharing unique content across all mediums. Marketing doesn't get much better than that.