You have a story that centers around a screenplay. That script may turn into a movie, a play, or even a podcast.
Maybe the story is a movie, that can be turned into a book, that can be turned into Vine vignettes or YouTube clips. The podcast may flush out the story even further, but how?
First, let's visit the concept of a podcast. The Wikipedia definition is this, "A podcast is a form of digital media that consists of an episodic series of audio, video, digital radio, PDF, or ePub files subscribed to and downloaded automatically through web syndication or streamed online to a computer or mobile device."
There are numerous host sites where you can house your podcast. The best thing to do is research them and find out which format you like the most. SoundCloud, Podomatic, and PodBean are just a handful of venues. I've used both SoundCloud and Podomatic free versions. Podomatic can also be used as an aggregate site to get your podcast onto iTunes.
The benefit of a podcast is that you don't have to have a regimented schedule like you would need for a radio broadcast. It can be whatever you want it to be. Here are some examples for that screenplay:
- The mechanics of writing a screenplay.
- A stream of consciousness from one of the characters from the screenplay.
- The writer interviews various people about different topics that are related to the screenplay.
- A day in the life of a movie producer.
- Behind the scenes.
- Do's and don't's as an actor.
- Narrating scenes in the script.
You can find more podcast ideas here and some unique ideas here.